“Back to Sleep, Tummy to Play!”
Tummy Time! You know you need to do it. You know you really should do it, but do you understand why this practice is vital for your baby’s development?
Do you know how long your baby needs at each age and stage of their development? Perhaps you avoid tummy time altogether because your baby cries and gets upset whenever you try! What do you do if your baby doesn’t like it?
This specially designed workshop demystifies Tummy Time, answers all your questions, explains the benefits and offers simple ideas to work tummy play into your day.
Babies spend the first part of their life nestled comfortably in a flexed, curled position inside the womb. After they are born, they need time, and freedom to stretch, integrate their newborn reflexes, unfold gradually, and learn how to move their body against gravity. Spending time on their tummy when awake and calm is one of the best ways to allow optimal natural development.
Tummy Time provides many benefits, including:
- Strengthening the neck, back, shoulder and core muscles needed to coordinate movement
- Improves posture and supports skeletal alignment in preparation for meeting milestones e.g.rolling, sitting, standing, crawling and walking
- Helps prevent flat spots on the baby’s head
- Helps your baby meet their Motor, Sensory and Visual developmental milestones
- Increases body awareness and improves coordination
- Being on the tummy improves visual development and depth perception by giving your baby a different view of the world
- It has benefits for your baby’s digestive and respiratory systems
- Offers moments of bonding and playful interaction
What to expect during the workshop:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Sensory states and baby cues
- Information about the importance of Tummy Time and the benefits for your baby
- Demonstration and practice of holds
- Interactive play stations and games that you can easily replicate at home
- Time with our expert to discuss your baby’s needs
For more information on this workshop or for assistance with booking, please contact us.