A little bit about Calmababy!
Our excellent reputation for creating a friendly, supportive and non-judgmental environment for parents and their children is well known in the local area. From our roots as a baby massage business to a fully-fledged pregnancy, postnatal, and baby and toddler swimming centre, we’ve grown quite a bit over the years!
Our Centre operates seven days a week, fifty weeks of the year and running a site of this size takes enormous dedication and hard work. When we see little ones and parents loving classes, enjoying the great cakes or feeling so at home they fall asleep on the sofas, it fills us with immense personal pride and satisfaction.
We also know quite a lot about child development, especially for baby and toddler swimming! Alison, our Founder and Director, is a tutor for Birthlight and the Swim Teachers Association, which means, as well as running our classes, we also train teachers in our Centre and around the world.
Relationships are at the heart of everything we do at Calmababy. We think our fundamental role is to help support and nurture the relationship between parents and children, and in a sense, swimming and our other classes are a by-product.
We’ve learned so much over the years, and we believe parents love Calmababy because:
- Our ethos is a gentle, child-led approach imparted in a safe, playful manner.
- Parent-child bonding receives the highest priority from our enthusiastic staff.
- We approach submersion when your child is ready, not by conditioning methods. In this regard, we are confident we are leading the industry.
- Our highly trained team of professional, fully qualified and insured instructors share many years of experience. They also have lots of children amongst them!
- The latest research and development in child behaviour supports all our classes. Through Alison’s work with Birthlight and the STA, we are at the forefront of new techniques in the industry.
- The Centre is unique and offers excellent facilities, including a warm swimming pool, clean changing rooms, showers, a welcoming cafe with fantastic food and cakes, free parking, friendly staff delivering excellent service, and more.
Our swimming pool was built especially for babies and small children. There is no chlorine in the water; an ultraviolet system provides sanitation, meaning pool chemicals are at a minimum. Our pool temperature is consistently 33-34 degrees, and it is shallow enough at one end to allow walking children to stand up unaided, thus increasing their independence.
Whether you are first time parents, seasoned professionals or parents to be, we’d love to hear from you. We think you’ll find our ethos genuinely refreshing!
The Duff Family