Babies love to be held and touched by their parents
A daily baby massage provides the perfect opportunity to meet your baby’s needs through skin-to-skin contact and deepens the bond between you. Regular baby massage aids relaxation and sleep, relieves wind and colic, and promotes healthy development and physical wellness leaving you feeling happy and connected with your baby.
The benefits of newborn baby massage are wide-ranging. There have been countless research studies published documenting all of the reasons why a baby massage is so vitally important, but for us, it is the feedback from parents that is the most valuable.
Here is what parents on our courses have said about the advantages they found from attending our classes:
For their baby:
- “It helps her relax and sleep longer”
- “She doesn’t cry as much as she used to. But when she does, I feel more relaxed about it and can understand what she is telling me now”
- “I feel so connected with him, I guess it has helped us bond more. Thank you”
- “She has much less wind, and the colic has gone! Thank you so much for teaching me how to do the stomach massage”
- “I feel much closer to him now”
- “Before I came to this class, I had no idea what his crying meant; I feel like I have a better understanding of his baby language now”
- “She is my second child, so it has been great having one-on-one time just with her; that’s not easy to get at home”
- “I feel so chilled out by the end of the class, and I love coming here”
- “This course has been amazing, I feel much more confident in my own ability to be his mother now. I feel like I CAN do this!”
Our baby massage course offers much more than just the practical strokes of how to massage your baby. Each weekly session covers the baby massage strokes and gentle stretches, as well as time for discussing relevant parenting topics.
This discussion time is for mothers and fathers to share ideas and experiences (if they choose to) and ask questions to the group and the teacher. The usual things that parents want to discuss are; sleeping, feeding, feelings and emotions, demands of becoming a parent, crying and not being able to put their baby down.
We teach the traditional and authentic baby massage routine over five weekly sessions. Plus, offer an additional 6th session on Saturday afternoons for the working parent to attend.
Week 1 – Leg Massage
Week 2 – Stomach massage, including the colic routine (and recap on leg strokes)
Week 3 – Chest and arms massage (and recap on stomach and legs)
Week 4 – Face and back massage (and recap all previous strokes)
Week 5 – Whole body massage and gentle yoga stretches
Week 6 – An additional Saturday session for the working parent to attend and share massage with their baby
To protect babies from over-stimulation, we choose not to mix baby massage with any other new baby programs. Our instructors are all fully qualified, insured and hold certification with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM). The teacher will never massage a baby. The only person to touch or massage in our classes is the parent or caregiver.
“Experienced and helpful staff, a very relaxing massage course for Moms and Babies coming with extra knowledge and a friendly atmosphere. Me and my daughter loved it a lot!” Olivia Alfonso