Benefits of our Childbirth Workshop
Our Gentle Childbirth Workshop and antenatal classes will prepare you for the birth of your baby using gentle, active and highly effective practices.
Our childbirth preparation program adopts the Birthlight philosophy of labour and childbirth and is a chance for you to focus on one of the most important events of your life. During our antenatal classes, you will learn about three essential elements that help contribute to a gentle, positive birth experience: movement, positioning and breathing.
We explore the fundamental aspects of labour and birth: how the natural release of hormones affects the rhythm and flow of labour and how the position of the mother’s body will aid the journey of the baby through the birth canal. Learn about the stages of labour, what to expect, and practical tools for fathers and birth partners to help and support the woman in labour.
You will learn specific breathing practices, the importance of labour circuits and how to stay active and upright during labour – wherever that takes place! There is also plenty of time to ask questions and discuss your thoughts about childbirth in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
This Gentle Childbirth Workshop Includes:
- How we can influence and change the birth experience
- The importance of the partner in labour and birth
- Hormones and the primal brain
- The signs and stages of labour: what happens, and how the baby is born
- The perception of pain and natural pain relief methods
- Labouring in water and water births
- Labour circuits: How to create a ‘circuit’ for active birthing positions wherever labour takes place
- The advantages of upright positions: having an active labour and birth
- Massage and positions for birth
- The physical and emotional environment
- Dealing with complications that may arise: knowing your options
- A celebration of birth!
Our workshops are led by Lucy Sauntson who is a midwife and childbirth educator. Lucy is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor and is qualified in Aquanatal Yoga, Postnatal Yoga, Aromatherapy and Pregnancy Massage.
Rest assured by choosing to attend our birthing course you are in knowledgeable, wise and experienced hands.