Attending toddler swimming classes has extraordinary benefits!
Our toddler swimming lessons are popular with children and parents alike.
We offer a safe, fun, water-based environment and teach effective toddler swimming skills to boost your child’s confidence and ability.
Our swimming pool was built especially for babies and young children. Our pool temperature is a toasty 33-34˚C, and bromine provides sanitation with secondary disinfection via an ultraviolet light system.
The benefits of toddler swimming:
- The body – consolidates motor skills and healthy development, enhances co-ordination and helps refine movement
- The brain – swimming supports the progression from reflex to voluntary movement; children who swim regularly are better developed socially and mentally
- The heart – provides focussed uninterrupted time for parent/child connection, promotes a sense of belonging and enjoyment of socialising
How do we teach?
We use our own method of teaching, and our swim program is founded on more than 25 years of experience and learning. Through progressive teaching practices, children will learn how to master their breath control and how to propel themselves through the water. We encourage free movement in the water at a time when your toddler is both physically and emotionally ready.
Using the wonder of their imagination and by playing challenging yet fun games, they will learn new water safety and stroke development skills on their journey to independent swimming.
We do this by:
- Working at the child’s pace: Promoting independence in the water at the right time enables their confidence to flourish
- Lesson Planning: Carefully planned weekly sessions, which focus on breathing, swimming skills and having fun both above and under the water
- Focusing on safety: To ensure every child understands the importance of safe behaviour around water
- Repetition: Repetition of activities enables positive learning; every week, the sessions repeat previously learned skills and also adds in new ones
- Adopting a gentle approach: Remaining focused on the parent-child relationship, and when ready, allowing the child to explore their own capabilities
- Having fun!!
Because our teaching method is sensitive to the abilities of each individual child, we do not follow a strict program of training the child to meet a certain level of ability. Instead, our approach centres on safety, having fun and swimming with your child in an environment free from expectations and pressure to meet criteria based on performance.
Our lesson plans are flexible enough to ensure that progression is made in swimming ability at the child’s pace without pressure or force.
With thanks to Birthlight for expert training, support and inspiration.