Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
There are a few great ways to re-shape and re-align your body after giving birth. Postnatal Yoga is definitely one of them!
Sessions pay particular attention to toning and strengthening the pelvic floor and stomach muscles. Our postnatal yoga stretches are beneficial to ease the muscle tension that can arise from feeding and carrying your baby, and generally, alleviate the common aches and pains that new mums experience.
Our teachers are qualified to identify stomach muscle gaps, known as diastasis recti, which is a condition of the abdominal muscles that commonly occurs after pregnancy. If detected, they will teach you highly effective breathing techniques and exercises to help repair and heal the condition.
Postnatal Yoga classes are suitable for all new mothers, including those who have given birth by caesarean section. Babies are welcome to come along to the sessions with you. They share your mat: watching, sleeping, rolling around, and often join in with the poses! Alternatively, you can come alone or bring a ‘helper’ to look after your baby while you enjoy the class.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga:
There are numerous physiological, emotional and social benefits of postnatal yoga. Every mother enjoys a different aspect of the class, many of which include:
- Strengthens and repair the pelvic floor and core muscles
- Promotes relaxation leaving mothers feeling refreshed and re-energised
- Improves posture and correct any issues that may have arisen during pregnancy
- Eases the aches and pains that follow labour and childbirth
- Relieves tension in the back, neck and shoulders
- Enhances bonding and attachment
- Spend time in the company of other new mothers