The ‘BabyCalm Baby Sleep Workshop’ is very different to most other baby sleep help you may find. The suggestions, tools and techniques are all based on sound scientific evidence and delivered in a respectful manner. We guarantee that they will not cause any harm to your baby, nor will they result in tears – for you or your baby!
We promise to never teach you to use controlled crying, rapid return, gradual withdrawal, ‘pick up, put down’ or any other behavioural related technique. Why? Firstly because we only advocate gentle sleep techniques and secondly, because whilst these behavioural techniques may work in the short term research shows they may lead to far more problems, including poor sleep, in the long term.
You will learn:
- What normal baby sleep looks like
- How to maximize the amount of sleep your baby – and you – will get
- The neuroscience of infant sleep
- The pros and cons of the most commonly used sleep training techniques
- Sleep safety and SIDS
- Gentle alternatives to help your baby sleep
- What to expect of your baby’s sleep in the future
- How to create good sleep habits – for life!
- This is a great class for both mums and dads of babies aged 4 months to 12 months of age.
The Isis Online website is an excellent source of information for baby sleep.